Did you know that the most effective way to save water around the home or workplace is to STOP water leaks. Water leaks are not all that easy to detect, either as a slow trickle in a toilet cistern or sink, to an underground leaking pipe. A small toilet cistern leak can waste an average of 3 litres/hour and even a slowly dripping tap can waste up to 20,000 litres/year—water you pay for but never use.
Here are a few suprising statistics...
1. An inefficient showerhead can use between 15L and 25L of water every MINUTE.
2. Fix leaking toilets immediately. A slow, barely visible leak can waste more than 4,000L a year. Visible, constant leaks can waste more than 96,000L a year.
3. A tap leaking at the rate of one drip a second wastes more than 12,000L of water a year.
A few other great tips include:
- Operate dishwashers and washing machines when you have a full load.
- Reduce your lawn’s water needs by mulch-mowing – set the mower blades at about 5cm, and leave the clippings on the lawn.
- Reduce indoor water use by choosing water efficient showers, toilets, taps and appliances.
- Adjust the water level on your washing machine, if you can, so it is appropriate for the size of load.
- Install a water efficient shower head. You’ll save as much as 10 litres of water per minute.
- Make sure you don't have any underground water leaks.
Leon Pettet Plumbing offer a Water Leak Detection Service for $55.00 where a qualified plumber visits your home or workplace to ensure there are no undetected leaks
(Toowoomba Only - Repairs Not Included)
BOOK $55 LEAK DETECTION CHECK